- Jessica Duncan - Freelance Writer - Canada
Well.ca: Prioritize Wellness On Your Terms
Ever wanted a specific health product from your local pharmacy or holistic health store but found you’re incapable of getting there? Whether that be because of a disability, a mental illness, or just good ol’ fashion lack of time, it can be frustrating not to have access to the products you want or need. That’s why Well.ca is changing the lives of so many Canadians daily.
The ability to have access to a broad selection of curated, peer-reviewed products available completely online and delivered to your door is a tool that changes the lives of anyone finding it hard to put their health first. You’ll love their easy to shop website, their friendly and helpful customer care team, and their super-fast shipping that’s free in Canada for orders over $35. Overall, Well.ca is making the lives of busy Canadians a little bit easier one order at a time.
Well.ca: Their Mission
Well.ca is a Canadian e-commerce company located in Guelph, Ontario. This multi-use platform is life changing to so many Canadians who lack the ability, time, or other resources to have access to high quality health products. This is a company that prioritizes delivering wellness on your terms and making health more accessible to all Canadians. By allowing shoppers to purchase pharmacy grade items online, they ensure that you and your loved ones never need to compromise on the quality of health, wellness, baby and beauty products. They offer over 40,000 products and have Canada’s largest assortment of green & natural brands (on top of all of Canada’s household names). They deliver a quick, convenient, and hassle-free shopping experience, and are easily on par with Amazon with their swiftness and reliability (plus you’re giving your money to a Canadian company instead of an international one).
5 Ways Well.ca Tackles Health at All Levels
Have you ever thought about what makes up your overall health? What categories should be considered in building a healthy life overall? According to our research, there are 6 main pillars of health and wellness. These pillars include: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, environmental, and social health.
While Well.ca can’t tackle every single aspect of health and wellness, they’re certainly trying to! Well.ca invests in their customers and Canadians at large by tackling health at all levels. There are five main ways they help Canadians lead healthier lives (currently only available in Ontario):
1. Well.ca has their own pharmacy services. All you have to do is sign up to become a member. Well.ca Pharmacy offers FREE prescription delivery, is available online 24/7, you can easily refill or transfer your prescriptions anytime. They also offer family prescription management. For someone who is busy, differently abled, or otherwise impaired, the ability to have your prescriptions delivered directly to your door can greatly improve your quality of life. This is only one of the many ways Well.ca is helping change Canadian lives.
2. Well.ca also offers a virtual wellness portal where all members can virtually connect with a variety of wellness professionals such as a naturopath, registered dietitian, or doctor in the comfort of your own home. These professionals connect with you through video or phone, with many of their partnering medical teams offering OHIP coverage. The portal is easy to use and information about the medical practitioners who the website partners with are transparent and easily researchable.
3. Well.ca partners with a company called MindBeacon to offer affordable at-home therapy in order to help keep Canadian’s mentally well. Well.ca and MindBeacon provide personalized therapy through your digital device that’s always guided one-on-one by an accredited therapist. They offer both guided sessions (where you complete the personalized plan an accredited therapist comes up with on your own) and live sessions with an actual therapist. You get to choose the way you receive your therapy, how you connect with your therapists, and fit therapy in at a time that works for you. Compared to traditional in-person therapy offices, which have high overhead costs that drive up prices, a guided therapy program or a live 1:1 session is a more affordable way for vulnerable people to access therapy. This is supporting the mental, social, and emotional health of Canadian’s.
4. Well.ca also provides medical cannabis consultations. They’ve partnered with Bodystream Medical Cannabis Clinics to help you understand whether medical cannabis may be a therapeutic option for you. You can book a free virtual or in-person consultation to explore this option in more detail and trust that whatever information you receive is coming from an accredited service vetted by Well.ca.
5. Well.ca also runs their own blog entitled Well Being that works to educate Canadians on health and beauty, sustainability, green living, mental wellness, and more. These blog posts are integrated with their shop in order to make direct product recommendations which relate to the issue you’re learning about. These blog posts are written by a team of experts in their varying fields (such as Naturopathy, Holistic Nutrition, Lactation Consultation, Neuroscience, Chiropractic Care, and many more!) so you can rest easy knowing that the information you’re getting has been vetted by industry professionals.
Our Favourite Features and Products
Well.ca offers some of the best web features for easy shopping and some of the best minimal and sustainable products available in Canada.
Our favourite feature on the website by far is the icon feature. This feature uses small icons as visual aids while shopping to help customers quickly and easily categorize whether or not a product falls in line with what they require from their product. For example if you were celiac, and required food that was dairy and gluten free, the icons easily help you decide if a product you clicked on will work for you, without you having to waste time trying to read the product ingredients. This feature also works well for anyone who struggles with dyslexia, is visually impaired, etc. You can also search by these specific features to find products that are only natural, for example, or are only kosher. This personalizes your wellness shopping journey in a way no brick and mortar store could replicate.
These icons made it particularly easy for us to pick out our favourite products that are in line with Simply Simple’s values. We searched for a variety of things that were natural, organic, fair trade, and made in Canada. Here are the 5 best products that we believe could enrich the lives of you and your household:
1. Caboo Bamboo 2ply Toilet Tissue
Caboo Bamboo 2ply Toilet Tissue is tree-free toilet tissue, made from 100% bamboo & sugarcane fibres, and provides a sustainable alternative to conventional paper made from trees. It is biodegradable and whitened with H202, a natural alternative to bleach.
● 4 rolls, 300 sheets per roll
● Recycled cores
● Soft, strong and sustainable
2. The Humble Co. Adult White Toothbrush - Soft
Humble Brush is a toothbrush that will clean just as well and last just as long as your regular plastic toothbrush, with the added benefit of being better for the environment. With a 100% sustainable bamboo handle, Humble Brush is the eco-friendly and socially responsible toothbrush choice, as every Humble purchase funds projects for the benefit of children in need.
● Ergonomic grip
● High quality bristles
● 100% biodegradable
● Sustainably grown bamboo
3. Urban Spa Facial Sea Sponge
A gentle alternative to cosmetic puffs, pads and facecloths. Unlike most sponges, the Facial Sea Sponges are unbleached, so they retain their natural colour and will not exfoliate or irritate delicate skin around the eyes. Urban Spa's sponges are renewable resources that are sustained through responsible harvesting practices.
4. Guelph Soap Company Green Tea and Ginseng Hand Soap
A moisturizing liquid soap with no added colours or preservatives and with an uplifting citrus scent.
● Made in Canada
● Your favourite Guelph Soap now available in a liquid soap!
● Not tested on Animals
● Certified Sustainable Palm Oil
Ingredients: Aqua, Potassium Cocoate, Potassium Palmate, Glycerin, Parfum.
5. Minimal Natural Fibre Cutlery Set
Enjoy a delicious lunch with the Minimal Brand Cutlery Set, the most eco-friendly natural fibre fork and spoon, made from discarded rice husk material which are by-products of rice production, a renewable and sustainable resource. While strong and durable, the material will last for years. In time, simply recycle. When covered with soil, the natural fibre components will begin to biodegrade into biomass in 120 days!
● Fork and spoon set
● Eliminate the use of single use cutlery
● Top rack dishwasher safe
● BPA-free, PVC-free, Phthalate-free
● Scratch and chip resistant
Dimensions: L 141 mm x W 40 mm x H 18 mm
Overall, Well.ca is a fantastic Canadian company that prioritizes helping you choose wellness on your terms. Comment down below - have you ever shopped at Well.ca? What did you think? Do any of the products above inspire you to be a little more minimal and sustainable?
Well.ca offers a Refer a Friend program for new customers. Please send us an email if you would like a coupon code for $10 off your first purchase of $40 or more.
#WellnessDelivered #GoodProducts #FinancialMinimalism #SimplySimpleOrg